Website Children's Art Foundation - Stone Soup
Stone Soup, the nonprofit literary magazine 100% written and illustrated by kids under 14, is looking for an Executive Director and Editor in Chief who is excited to relaunch and rebuild an established organization with a widely recognized reputation, a devoted community, and a meaningful mission. We’re looking for a leader with a vision, and who is an empathetic people manager and a reader/editor with a strong passion for developing young voices.
What You’ll Do
As Editor in Chief:
For the Magazine:
- Compile each magazine issue (read all submissions, select and edit individual works for each issue, etc.) & work closely with production coordinator and designer to bring the issue through the production process
For the Books:
- Select winning titles from the contest submissions & edit the winning manuscripts for publication
- Shepherd the books through the production and publication process
As Executive Director:
- Work with the Board of Directors to make and implement a strategic plan for the organization;
- Manage a remote team of workers, and make all personnel decisions, with empathy, clarity, and equity;
- Meet regularly with the Board;
- Organize the annual fundraising calendar, plan donor events, and develop donor relations;
- Increase Stone Soup’s visibility and subscriber base;
- Work with the Operations Manager on budget decisions;
- Generate and lead special projects such as the development of free curriculum materials, website redesign, etc.
Who You Are
- At least 2 years of experience managing a small team and/or in nonprofit organizations
- At least 2 years of experience in editing/publishing
- Passionate about our mission
- Detail oriented with a capacity to also see the big picture
- Scrappy and excited to work at all levels of the organization to guide it through this transition
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative problem-solving skills
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by April 7, 2023.
This job is a permanent, salaried, fully remote part-time position with the potential to become full-time and include full benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org