Stanford University Press
Marketing, Publicity and Sales Assistant
Since the University’s founding in 1891, Stanford University Press has been a publisher of creative and sophisticated scholarship.
We seek a highly motivated Marketing, Publicity and Sales Assistant, supporting our mission to publish books that endure, about ideas that matter.
Reporting to the Marketing & Sales Director, you will provide administrative support and aid in the creation and distribution of marketing materials for Stanford’s acclaimed scholarly and trade publications in the humanities, social sciences, and executive education and development.
This is a 100% FTE, continuing position, based in our Redwood City, CA, office. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Provide routine administrative or operational support working from detailed instructions.
- General administration responsibilities, including database maintenance, book mailings, and other departmental organizational tasks.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on marketing, publicity and sales efforts; support team members on marketing, publicity and sales campaigns and projects
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones and email queries, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Track facility, exhibit, and/or office equipment, such as keys, vehicles, and projectors, via logs, and schedule deliveries or repairs as needed.
- Review invoices for accuracy, and initiate purchase requisitions.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals and assembling materials.
- May make travel arrangements as directed in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
- Setup office spaces and/or support coordination of basic office moves.
- May provide guidance to temporary and student employees on routine matters.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to prioritize, follow through and complete assigned tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classifications and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careersearch.stanford.edu.