Website HarperOne Group
HarperCollins is currently seeking a Production Editor to handle titles for the HarperOne Group!
The HarperOne Group acquires books that represent a broad and diverse collection of voices, cultures, and perspectives and shares a commitment to publishing books that matter, enlighten, and entertain.
- Handles the production editorial process from manuscript to bound book for simultaneous projects, utilizing electronic workflow.
- Assesses manuscripts for copyediting and the styling of all design elements using proprietary Microsoft Word styles, for design and composition.
- Engages with freelancers and ensures that project standards and deadlines are met.
- Collates and processes proofreads and slugs in Adobe Acrobat, and checks all stages of proofs and PDFs, for text and jackets/covers.
- Copyedits flap and back cover copy, and proofreads and checks all stages of jacket/cover proofs.
- Works with editors, designers, authors, and production managers in anticipating and resolving problems.
- Shepherds multiple projects while maintaining high standards of quality control and meeting strict deadlines, often under tight production schedules.
- Provides backup for department as needed.
To apply for this job please visit careers-harpercollins.icims.com.