Website Ten Speed Press
Ten Speed Press is seeking a graphic novel Editor to join our team in the Ten Speed offices in California. This position will play an essential role in the company’s graphic novel and graphic arts publishing, acquiring and editing 8 to 10 books a year across topics and genres, including history, social science, memoir/biography, fiction and nonfiction adaptations, fiction originals, and manga-influenced works. The Editor will collaborate and communicate regularly with our design, production, marketing, and publicity teams, bringing our titles to market quickly and brilliantly. We expect the Editor to develop a list that speaks to and represents the diversity of our potential audiences and our society as a whole.
Ten Speed Press is an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House, LLC, the world’s largest general trade book publisher. Based in Emeryville, California, Ten Speed produces high-quality, beautifully illustrated books covering food and drink, popular culture, wellness, graphic art and novels, art instruction and design, photography, gardening, home interiors, gift, lifestyle advice, career development, and writing.
- Generate new book ideas based on talent, market trends, and opportunity; prospect and develop new authors and collaborators
- Evaluate book proposals and research the efficacy, opportunity, distinctiveness, and risk of potential acquisitions, including running p&ls, pulling competitive titles, and creating title sheets
- Develop and nurture relationships with agents, including contract negotiations
- Engage and partner with comic writers and comic/graphic artists to fully realize their vision, collaborating throughout the acquisition and production processes with them as well as with designers, art directors, and production teams
- Communicate complex production schedules, working with various stakeholders to problem solve in creative ways
- Collaborate with designers, art directors, and production teams, as well as with sales, publicity, and marketing teams, to publish and position books as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Represent the publisher, design, and production teams when working with authors and artists, and represent them when working with our publisher, design, and production teams
- Communicate and work closely with the Editorial Director to execute on the graphic novel/comic arts list’s aims and acquisitions within Random House
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.