Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the Pk-12 instructional materials space, is seeking an experienced Social Media Specialist to join our dynamic Marketing team. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students access quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds, a mission-driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
- Be the primary social media day-to-day driver by generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news) that supports or strengthens content in other channels. Also, communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely campaigns. This requires planning and sharing the editorial calendar at least a month in advance with the rest of the team.
- Perform research on current industry trends and keep a benchmark of Great Minds’ social engagement standing
- Design and implement organic social media strategies to align with business goals. This includes developing conversion and engagement strategies, appropriate budgets for social media activities, setting specific campaign objectives and goals, running analytics on how campaigns performed, and clearly and effectively communicate back to the team the results.
- Create brand advocacy by finding influencers across social media platforms to engage with and build a network.
- Work with our existing communities in social media to ensure questions get answered and also monitor topics and trends within the communities to report back to the team.
- Provide regular reports on social media activities, keeping team informed on a daily basis and showcasing trends over time.
- Work with internal stakeholders by collaborating with other teams beyond marketing, such as our curriculum, sales and customer service teams to gather ideas and ensure brand consistency and timeliness.
- Oversee social media accounts’ visual design and branding (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and descriptions)
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications. Suggest and implement new features to our social media accounts to extend brand awareness, online reputation and optimize engagement
- Proven work experience as a social media manager across multiple platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Hands on experience in reputation, community and content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to relay consistent messaging across channel and content type (text, image and video) and to understand audiences within
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HubSpot a plus
- Creative and a passion for continuous learning and connecting with others
- Analytical, detailed-oriented and copywriting skills are a must
- Ability to work independently, well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive and resourceful with a “can-do” attitude
- College degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
- This position is located Remote
- Excellent benefits package
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
This role can be performed anywhere in the US, with the exception of Colorado.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
To apply for this job please visit greatminds.recruitee.com.