Website Stanford University Press
Founded in 1892, Stanford University Press publishes 140+ books a year across the humanities, social sciences, law, and business. Our books inform scholarly debate, generate global and cross-cultural discussion, and bring timely, peer-reviewed scholarship to the wider reading public.
We are currently seeking a Production Editor to edit and coordinate the production of 30+ academic and trade titles. Titles range across a variety of subject areas including anthropology, Asian studies, business, history, Jewish studies, Middle East studies, religion, and sociology. The Production Editor will directly manage authors and freelancers for most assigned titles and oversee full-service book production vendors on others.
Primary responsibilities include
1. Manuscript evaluation upon transmittal from Acquisitions to Editorial, Design, and Production.
2. Communication with and management of authors and book contributors.
3. Creation and management of editing/production schedules.
4. Determination and hiring of best freelance editorial resources dependent upon needs of the title.
5. Preparation of manuscript for, and management of, internal or external typesetters.
6. Page proof review and collation of author corrections/changes in pages.
7. Administrative tasks including updating and management of database records, review of project budgets, and maintenance of project file records.
- Knowledge of Filemaker, Acrobat, Word, Excel, plus overall familiarity with email and browser software
- Thorough understanding of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience with the Scribe Publishing platform is desirable.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
To apply for this job please visit m.rfer.us.