Website Hoover Institution Press
Hoover Institution Press is the publishing arm of the Hoover Institution, and we are looking for an experienced Book Production Specialist who loves books, public policy, and archival material. Areas emphasized are economics, national security, education, energy and the environment, health care, history, law and regulation, and political philosophy.
The Book Production Specialist will assist in all stages of book and publications production for Hoover Press—from the receipt of a manuscript through to its final print and/or electronic release. Serves as a contact person for author and staff on projects.
Some duties include working on:
- Oversee production of print and digital projects, including books, essays, journals, and reprints, from manuscript to page proofs to print/digital product launch.
- Hire and supervise work of composition vendors and freelance cover designers, proofreaders, and indexers. Plan and execute the print production process. Assist in checking proofs of all components throughout the production process, including evaluation and transfer of author and proofreader corrections, and bluelines.
- Execute title management tasks, such as title submissions to distributor, digital ARC creation, ebook creation, permissions research, CIP applications, and Copyright Office registration.
Our ideal candidate will have a(n):
- Bachelor’s degree and ﬁve years of relevant work experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Comprehensive familiarity with all phases of book production, including knowledge of copy, editorial, project management, the basic rudiments of art and design, and traditional and digital printing.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud. Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with internal departments and the external book publication/production community to publish within deadlines.
The hourly rate for this position is $35, based on experience.
If interested, send your cover letter and resume to Barbara Arellano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Hoover Institution Press, visit www.hooverpress.org.
For more information about Hoover Institution, visit www.hoover.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com