- About PPN
- Freelance Directory
- Book Show
- Latest News
- Organizations and Resources
This coffee chat centers people who work as editors and are living with disability and/or chronic illness. It is open to everyone. The idea was partly inspired by an active peer group currently hosted by the Society of Authors (https://www.societyofauthors.org/Groups/Authors-Disabilities-Illnesses-Network).
Group agreements that will be open for discussion at the start of the chat:
* Disclosure (of illness/disability/etc.) is welcome. Disclosure is not required.
* There are no requirements. We participate (or not) in the ways that work for us.
* We take care of ourselves. Stretch, eat, drink, take a break, etc.
* We can’t be articulate all the time. We give each other the benefit of the doubt and ask questions.
* We keep confidentiality: Learning goes, stories stay.
The online chat this Thursday will have an open agenda, loosely focused on work-life: How do we define, handle, and sustain our work as editors. What kinds of projects are a good fit? How do we obtain enough but not too much work (if that is even possible in editing!)? What have we learned and what can we learn from each other?
This event is free to attend and open to all editors.