Website Annual Reviews
Production Editor I – Remote
Annual Reviews (AR) is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. Our top-ranked journals and highly cited reviews—written by some of the world’s foremost experts in their fields—promote innovation among researchers and advance scientific awareness among journalists, policy makers, business professionals, and others with an interest in the societal impact of research.
We are currently seeking a FT Production Editor I who resides in CA, CO, DC, GA, HI, IL, IN, MA, MN, NC, NY, OH, OR, PA, WA, or WI. Responsibilities include:
· Copyediting and proofreading manuscripts for electronic and print publication
· Managing the production of assigned journals to ensure a smooth flow of manuscripts and meeting of deadlines
· Working effectively with Editorial Committees composed of scientists
· Communicating clearly, promptly, and tactfully with editors, authors, vendors, and other staff
· Preparing for, conducting, and following up on Editorial Committee meetings
· Updating internal database, tracking author and article data, and preparing reports
Qualified candidates must have:
· 2+ years of experience editing and proofreading scholarly manuscripts with careful attention to detail and grammar
· Demonstrated excellent editing and writing skills
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, excellent command of the English language, and the ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact
· Experience working with and communicating with academic faculty, preferably scientists or engineers
· A professional demeanor and the ability to develop and maintain long-term business relationships
· A strong work ethic and solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
· Ability to travel 2–3 times annually for meetings, occasionally internationally
· Proficiency in the use of Windows and MS Office; advanced MS Word and Excel skills are pluses
· BA/BS degree in the sciences, English, or a related field strongly preferred
· Experience editing highly specialized, scientific documents is a plus
· A background or interest in science and experience in a publishing or academic environment are preferred
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. This includes a comprehensive health benefits package for eligible Regular Full-Time (FT) and Regular Part-Time (PT) employees working 20+ hours per week including medical, dental, vision, EAP, and FSA coverage for these employees and their dependents on the first of the month following their hire date. We also offer the following benefits for eligible Regular FT and Regular PT employees working 20+ hours/week: the ability to participate in our retirement plan immediately upon hire and with the first pay period, enrollment in Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance coverage on the 1st of the month following their hire date, great time off benefits for Regular FT employees (which are pro-rated for Regular PT employees working 20+ hours/week), including 10.625 hours/month of vacation time, additional sick time & 10 paid holidays plus a 5-day paid winter break, opportunities to participate in other employee benefit programs after meeting service requirements such as our personal enrichment, professional development, matching gifts, and volunteer time off programs, free meditation classes, and most importantly, the ability to work with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
Pay Scale: Following is the wage range that Annual Reviews expects to pay for this position:
For the California counties of San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Marin, Alameda, & Contra Costa and for New York City:
Minimum/Maximum: $68,000 per year
For the California counties of San Diego, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, Santa Cruz, Sonoma, Napa, Solano, San Joaquin, Placer, El Dorado and the Washington counties of Pierce and King, and the Denver, CO & Boulder, CO:
Minimum/Maximum: $61,200 per year
For the California counties of Stanislaus, Fresno, and all other California counties not mentioned above, all other Washington counties not mentioned above and for anywhere else in Colorado (other than the cities of Denver and Boulder):
Minimum/Maximum: $55,760 per year
Actual compensation for this position will be determined by the specific home office location.
Annual Reviews is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age (40 and above), military status, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact the Director of Human Resources at 650-493-4400 x 679 or by email at email@example.com and let her know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this phone number or email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click on each of the following: (1) EEO is the Law Poster, (2) EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, (3) Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, and (4) AR EEO/AA Statement.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and you meet the qualifications above, please submit your cover letter and resume by applying online at:
Please note: We are only considering applicants for this position that submit a cover letter along with their resume.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Annual Reviews will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.