Website DefenseIntel Defense Intelligence Agency
Committed to excellence in defense of the nation
DIA is currently recruiting for entry-level (GG 7-10) employees for the following positions. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
Technical Editor* (Occupational Series 1083)
Responsible for assisting senior editors with reviewing and revising intelligence, communication products, and other documents prepared by DoD analysts and Agency communicators for publication by the Agency.
• Working knowledge of writing processes, principles, and techniques in research and storytelling to review original content and intelligence products for a variety of channels and audiences.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, read content, and correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors consistent with publication’s style and editorial policies.
• Review and rewrite text to make it easier for readers to understand and verify facts cited in material for publication.
• Advise on, analyze, and support the implementation of feedback mechanisms (quantitative and qualitative) to measure effectiveness of communication.
• Team player, able to manage multiple assignments and adapt to changing client needs.
Writer Editor (Occupational Series 1082)
Create and edit various types of written content and products that relay and interpret highly complex information related to DIA’s mission for a wide variety of audiences.
• Working knowledge of writing processes, principles, and techniques in research, storytelling, speech writing, and strategic messaging to draft original content and create custom products for a variety of channels and audiences.
• Ability to formulate ideas and multi-task on multiple fronts—engage with customers, troubleshoot issues, share expertise, and assist peers.
• Skill to develop long- and short-term communication strategies and campaigns to advance communication objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, accurate text and to proofread and correct English usage, spelling, and punctuation.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.