Website Grey Dog Media
We are seeking a Managing Editor to lead a team in researching, concepting, writing, and editing for magazine, catalog, digital and/or web-based content as directed by the Project Director. The ideal candidate is an expert in English grammar. They are diligent and pay attention to the details to keep team members on track and have a commitment to creating quality and engaging content.
Please submit writing samples along with your resume.
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ editorial experience in magazine publishing
- Minimum 2 years’ proven team leadership experience
- Expert understanding of English grammar
- Able to maintain a consistent writing style and proofread articles for grammatical errors, voice/tone and substance in adherence with the Editorial Outline, project style guide and standard style guides (AP and Chicago)
- Experience researching and sourcing editorial content; skilled at using reference resources
- Solid understanding of trends, timely, relevant stories and viral content
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills; able to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and thrive in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
- Able to work collaboratively while maintaining high standards
- Knowledge of cuisine, crafting, health and fitness related topics
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.