Website Nikkei America, Inc.
Copy Editor for a Digital News Publication – Nikkei Asia
Nikkei Asia is seeking a copyeditor with newsroom experience. This position is designed to ensure the articles, headlines, and captions are free of errors, easy to understand, and conform to Nikkei Asia’s style. This is a remote/contractor position. The position is open to U.S. residents only. Candidates must have copyediting experience to be considered. Once hired, the candidate will receive style training and the software required to conduct tasks.
Hourly Wage for This Position: $32-$38 per hour
Assignments Frequency: Once to twice a week on average (8 hours per day with an hour lunch break), sometimes more depending on the job needs. Roughly 8 days a month. Shifts are distributed at the end of each month for the following month.
· Check news translators’ or reporters’ drafts to make sure they are free of grammatical and spelling errors.
· Double-check that names and figures are spelled properly and that facts, dates, and statistics are accurate.
· Ensure the articles fit Nikkei Asia’s editorial style.
· Rewrite stories as necessary and edit them to make them engaging for a broad business audience.
· Check headlines and captions for articles and, if necessary, rewrite them.
· Liaise where necessary with reporters on the stories’ field.
· Optimize stories for a digital audience, write headlines that conform to digital practice, and draw readers in.
· Journalistic and copyediting experience
· Adequate computer literacy to learn and use software applications used in the company.
Candidates must complete a copyediting test. Please send your resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com